1. In your own experience, how has your faith, your belief, given you hope in dark moments of crisis and uncertainty?
2. The Old Testament prophet Jeremiah lived in the midst of perilous times for God’s people. His own hopes for himself and his people were dashed. Yet in the midst of it all, he still, “dared to hope.” Why?
3. “The future is determined, not by our leaders or even ourselves, but by the promises of God.” Does that statement give you hope? Why or why not?
4. How can we make sure our hope doesn’t become a casualty of our own circumstances?
5. Have you ever been in a situation where you had lost hope? What caused that, and what helped you regain hope?
FAMILY GROUP QUESTIONS
1. Confidence is when you know that something will happen or work the way it is supposed to. What are some things, or people, you are confident of?
2. Sometimes bad things happen that cause us to lose our confidence in the things and people we believed in. Has that ever happened to you? What happened?
3. HOPE is confidence that doesn’t stop, not matter what. Why does hope never stop?
4. You can have hope no matter what because God promises to always do good. What are some things we can do to make sure we always remember that?