Whether or not you believe it, you are fearfully, wonderfully, specifically, and strategically made by God. You are who you are because of God’s creativity and imagination. God hardwired you with a sweet spot, a zone that you were intended to live in and live from. When we find our sweet spot or our giftedness, life comes alive and we find meaning in living. In our sweet spot we find passion, motivation, and excitement for living. God made us to do something unique, and all we have to do is discover who God made us to be and go be that.
1. How does it change how you see the world knowing you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" in a specific way for a specific purpose?
2. Have you ever worked outside of your sweet spot? What was that time in life like for you? Was is stressful, frustrating, tiring?
3. After taking the spiritual gifts test and identifying your sweet spot, how can you put it to use in the place where God has you right now?
4. What are some things you are good at doing? What are some areas of your life where others think you do well?
5. Have you ever had a time when you felt as though you were in your sweet spot?
6. Talk about a time in life where you hit your sweet spot (a time when you were most effective).
7. What is the danger of living in a culture that rewards duplication rather than encourages originality?
8. Why do you think so many people experience unhappiness as it relates to what they are doing in life? Do you think it is connected to them to being outside of their sweet spot? Explain.
Take the Spiritual Gifts Assessment at TheCreekChurch.com/Gifts
Psalm 139:13–14 (NIV) For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.