What type of God do you believe in? What type of God did you stop believing in? Why do you believe certain things about God? What if that version of God that you believe or stopped believing in doesn't exist? Would you want to know different? Would you want to make it right?
1. Does God exist? What reasons inform your answer?
2. Have you ever considered that your version of God or ideas and images of God may be incorrect?
3. Of the four views of God in the survey, which one(s) have you ever believed in? (authoritarian, benevolent, distant, critical)
4. What version of God did you inherit? How or who did you inherit that version? (Family & friends, Culture, Education, etc.)
5. Have you ever considered that who you've been taught God is or who you thought God is could be completely wrong?
6. Have you ever had the wrong idea about God that you ended up changing your mind about? What was it? How did you discover it?
7. Are there any characteristics about God that you have a hard time explaining or feel uneasy about when others discuss it?
8. Jesus came to correct wrong views of God. What are some instances that stick out to you when Jesus did just that?
Read gospel of John and answer the following question as you read: what do I learn from Jesus about God?
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a]is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.