Have you ever wanted to have a closer, more intimate relationship in your life? God earnestly desires to have a close love relationship with all of us, and for us to experience His love in such a way that we are "all in," fully committed to Him.
1. Terrence shared about a time before he and his wife were married when he was pursuing a deeper relationship with her, but she only wanted to be friends. Have you ever experienced that type of situation?
2. Have you ever desired a more intimate relationship with God? Did you attain it? If so, how?
3. Terrence gave us three practical steps to build a deeper relationship with God: time, transparency, and submission. Which of these do you find to be the most difficult? Why? Do you find you grow closer to God when you practice these disciplines?
4. Tell about a time when you experienced the love of God in a way that surpassed your knowledge.
5. Would you say that growing your relationship with God is the most important thing in your life? If not, how would your life change if it was?
Make unhurried, uninterrupted time with God today.
Be transparent. Pray R-rated prayers. Be real with God.
Ephesians 3:17b-19 (NIV) And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.