Life is hard, but we make it harder. With every choice we make we move down a path towards a future of our own making. More often than not those choices lead us to a life we never intended to live or to a place we never imagined ourselves.
So, how do we flip the script and live the life God designed us for? The answer is closer than you think. But it will cost you.
1. Are there some ways you’ve found that you make life harder on yourself or on others?
2. What are some practical things you have done to gain more wisdom?
3. Who are some of the wisest people you know? How have you seen them act wisely? What sets them apart, or what makes it clear to you that they have wisdom? Do you just admire their wisdom, or have you taken steps to apply the lessons you’ve learned from them in your own life?
4. What mistakes have you seen others make that have helped you act with wisdom and avoid similar mistakes?
5. Pastor Trevor said, "The path you are on today determines the place you will end up tomorrow." Have you ever recognized you were on the wrong path and then made a change? What prompted the change? What steps did you take to make the change? How did it work out?
6. When have you experienced insight being superior to hindsight?
Six Week Challenge: James, the half-brother of Jesus, said, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” Wake up every day for the next six weeks and ask God to give you wisdom.