Life isn’t always pretty. Our current circumstances can make it difficult to hold on to our dreams for a better future. Our dreams for tomorrow become casualties of our life today. How can we continue to dream even when life is hard? How can we learn to look beyond our current set of circumstances to the future that could be and should be?
1. How can family drama and dysfunction make it difficult at times to dream for a better future?
2. Has there been a time when you confused life and God? When difficult situations arise, how do you discern what is life and what is God?
3. Has there been a time when you felt you adjusted to your circumstances rather than resisting them? How did that turn out for you? Has there been a time you felt yourself resisting your circumstances and getting nowhere?
4. How does dreaming of a better tomorrow make us do better today?
5. When you run from the wrong thing, you also run towards the right thing. However, that’s not easy to do. What are some ways we can keep the perspective of running towards the right thing in the forefront of our life?
6. Have you ever been in a situation where you found yourself asking, "where is God?" Did you feel like at the end of that situation God was faithful to you?
7. God is sovereign. God knows all things, sees all things, hears all things, has all power, and controls all things. Joseph believed this and it changed how he viewed his circumstances. What was meant for evil, God used for good. Why is this hard for us to believe? How would total trust in this change the way we live our lives?
Believe that God controls all things and begin to trust God in all things. Let go of the past and run toward the future God has promised you.
Genesis 50:20 ESV “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.”